On Thursday MercadoLibre (NASDAQ:MELI) stock traded volume of 973562 shares during its last trading session as compared to its average volume of 341675 shares over the recent month. MELI ended its day with the below stream along the move of -5.36% and closed at the price of $521.52 before opening at $551.38. It has total market capitalization is $25924734094. 52 week range of the stock remained $ 257.52 – 698.98 while its day lowest price was $514 and its hit its day highest price at $554.99
On Oct. 31, 2019, MercadoLibre (NASDAQ:MELI) Latin America’s leading e-commerce technology company, declared financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2019.
Pedro Arnt, Chief Financial Officer of MercadoLibre, commented, We continue to make significant inroads in our key strategic initiatives and reached important milestones this quarter both in FinTech and logistics. As we move into the fourth quarter and 2020, we will continue to focus on delivering an ever-improving user experience, adding functionalities to our user base and leveraging our ecosystem’s unique competitive advantages.
Third Quarter 2019 Business Highlights
- Total payment volume (TPV) through Mercado Pago reached $7.6 billion, a year-over-year increase of 66.2% in USD and 94.5% on an FX neutral basis. Total payment transactions increased 118.5% year-over-year, totaling 227.0 million transactions for the quarter.
- Mercado Pago delivered successful execution in off-platform payments (online and offline) through merchant services, mobile point-of-sale (MPOS) devices and its mobile wallet business. On a consolidated basis, off-platform TPV grew 140.4% year-over-year in USD and 189.6% on an FX neutral basis.
- For the first time ever, quarterly off-platform TPV surpassed on-platform TPV, reaching almost $4.0 billion in transactions and 158.3 million payments.
- Our MPOS business continues to be one of the fastest growing non-marketplace business units. On a consolidated basis, MPOS TPV grew 141.2% year-over-year on an FX neutral basis.
- Mobile wallet reached almost $1.0 billion in transactions on a consolidated basis. Our mobile wallet consumer base grew by 34.9% compared to the second quarter, reaching 6.1 million active payers during the quarter. TPV from mobile wallet in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico continues to grow by triple digits year-over-year.
- Our asset management product, Mercado Fondo, is available in Argentina and Brazil, where we offer our entire suite of FinTech solutions: MPOS devices, QR code in-store payments, mobile wallet and asset management. Mercado Fondo has invested over 80% and 50% of customer funds in Mercado Pago in Brazil and Argentina, respectively.
- Gross merchandise volume (GMV) increased, again surpassing the $3 billion mark and reaching $3.6 billion, representing a 21.6% and 36.8% increase in USD and on an FX neutral basis, respectively.
- Items sold reached 98.0 million, growing 17.3% year-over-year.
- Unique buyers numbers continue to accelerate, growing 25.7% year-over-year versus 20.8% in the second quarter.
- Live listings offered on MercadoLibre’s marketplace reached 243.0 million, a 44.5% year-over-year increase.
- Mobile gross merchandise volume grew 32.4% year-over-year on an FX neutral basis, reaching 65.4% of GMV.
- Items shipped through Mercado Envios reached 81.2 million, a 47.5% year-over-year increase, driven primarily by optimizations in our free shipping program.
Bob Rodriguez – Category – Business
Bob Rodriguez possesses over 7 years of investment experience, an M.B.A. from Louisiana State University, and is also certified in Risk Management Assurance. He is a self-taught investor and follows the value investing approach to picking stocks. Bob is a Certified Internal Auditor, Data Miner, and author with a career broadly spanning over multiple business areas. He has exploited those observations and developed investment tactics within a fundamentally sound long-term investment strategy. Bob currently covers Business News category for our site.
Address: 5582 Old Ridge Trail, Fairbanks, AK 99709, USA
Email: [email protected]
Zip Code: 99709
Contact number: 907-451-6448